The Forum Rules
Posted on 10-06-2012 09:28
Whether you are new to forums or not, please familiarize yourself with the rules of this forum.
1. Harassment: Under no circumstances should any member harass another. If you have a valid problem with another member, please inform an admin or moderator through a PM. Donít inform the public with a shout out, please keep these tensions between yourself, the member, and the staff if deemed necessary. Failure to do so can result in warnings and or bans.
2. Flaming: There will be no flaming or flame wars of any kind. If a certain member is acting unruly, they will be dealt with. It does no good to fight back. The best way to counteract is to ignore them and inform an admin or moderator.
If a flame war is a result of a topic discussion which one is passionate about, we suggest ignoring said topic or keeping yourself level minded and mature while discussing the topic at hand. If such advice is not possible, ignore said topic. Depending on how extreme the flame wars and fights are will result in warnings or bans.
3. Vulgarity: Unfortunately there is no word filter for this forum, but that does not mean that profanity is acceptable. Vulgar words especially directed towards other members are not acceptable. When possible, refrain from using curse words, and find a better word to suit your message. Failure to do obey the rules will result in edited messages, warnings, and if prolonged, banning.
4. Indecency: Because The Legend of Korra and Avatar The Last Airbender (and other shows) have garnered the attention of a wide range of audiences, we have members who may not be of the age of 18. As a result topics, posts, signatures, avatars, and other miscellaneous acts of expression on the forum should not be of 18+ material, unless stated otherwise.
Breaking this rule will result in a complete edit of the material and possibly a ban depending on how serious the situation at hand was.
However, forum categories such as ElfenLied are an exception, as it is an 18+ show. But that does not mean that these conversations will be allowed within any of the other categories.
5. Double Posting: Spamming will not be tolerated. Under no circumstances is it acceptable to double post, especially several times. While we are lenient with mild double posting, we do not condone it. If one has more to add to a topic, use the edit button, before double posting.
6. Duplicate Topics: Before creating a topic discussion, make sure that a similar thread doesnít exist already. Often the staff finds themselves merging discussions. For example merging several Episode 3: Topic Discussions or I Know Who Amon really is. We only need one of each.
Please make sure that the created topic is being sent to the right forum category. I Have Suggestions for the Forum Layout should not go in The Episode Discussion section, as Episode Discussion 10 should not go to the Community/Forum Feedback.
7. Grave Digging: If a topic has not been posted in for more several months, it would probably be wise to create a new topic. The date of the posts can be found at the top right hand corner of the member's post.
If one posts in an old topic to add new though provoking information in some way, then yes that is encouraged! But if one posts in order to converse with another member, it is unlikely they will be replying back.
8. Spoiler Section: A new category for the Legend of Korra forum has been added. Because the series is ongoing, there are a lot of things unknown yet. If what one is about to provide or post is potential spoiler material, add it into the respective Spoiler Section category.
9. Post Aesthetics: Whenever posting, please make that you are providing post worthy messages. It does not matter if the message is on or off topic, but if it does not count to more than one or two words; itís probably not post worthy. Ex: LOL, OK, LMAO, NO, YES
Refrain from posting in capslocks, unless it is to highlight parts of oneís theories and so forth.
Ex: This is why my theory proves that AMON is NOT TARRLOK < Good!
Ex; hElLo, mY nAmE iS ANoNyMoUs <ÖNot so good.
10. Profile Creation: One can choose from a variety of forum saved avatars. However one can still add their own, if they do not enjoy the ones provided. Keep in mind however that whatever you submit as an Avatar or signature must be suitable for all ages. Signatures that impede form capacity, speed, and or stretch the forum layout will not be accepted.
(I feel that we needed an actual list of rules, so that others may see and recognize it. I spent about half an hour today merging and moving threads everywhere. There may be more rules to come)
11. Fan Submits: If one wishes to submit fan-fiction, fan-art, or a blog, please make sure that it is done in the right section. It doesn't matter how wonderful one's fan-fiction is, if it is placed in the fan-art category. It will still be denied, until the owner can put it in the right section themselves.
Fan-Fiction content must not be of 18+ via profanity, provocative situations, or intense gore. If ones work falls into either three of these categories, they must be fixed until they are of PG-13 material.
Fan-Art must also follow the rules of not being 18+ materiel. Even more so because it is visual. There will be no profanity, provocative situations, or gore. If any of the three are met, the art will not be accepted.
Fan-Art also does not mean copy-paste and funny captions. Please keep them to a minimum, as the fan-art section should showcase the true fan-art for the series.
Again, 18+ shows such as ElfenLied are an exception, but they most only be posted within their respective category.
Edited by Pico on 10-12-2016 00:26
Posted on 10-12-2016 00:25
I am not Toph, I am Melon Lord!- Toph
A good reminder for the forum members. Thanks, The Duke.
"Leaves from the vine, falling so slow, like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam, little soldier boy come marching home, brave soldier boy comes marching home." - Iroh
|Jump to Forum: